A real flavour explosion
As the festive holiday season draws near I bet you all are getting your chefs hats on and figuring out the Christmas lunch menu this year. While meat is the obvious choice and barbecues are the go to way to cook, I find people often struggle to come up with equally tasty vegetarian options.
There’s definitely more to vegetables than roast potatoes and a boring green salad. Today’s recipe is not only vegan/vegetarian but it will also make sure to please the hearts of hardcore meat eaters. So this Christmas try this lip smackingly delicious Green Bean salad with mint and sumac. I promise it will be a hit.
Ingredients: 12 Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500 gms of green beans, ends trimmed
- Two fresh tomatoes, chopped
- One red onion, sliced
- Two pods of garlic, finely chopped
- One bunch of fresh parsley( stems and leaves), chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- One teaspoon red chilli flakes
- One tablespoon sumac powder
- One tablespoon dried mint leaves
- One teaspoon of brown sugar
- Salt to season
- Five tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, onions and chopped parsley stem. Cook until aromatic and the onions lightly caramelised.
Now add tomatoes, all the dried spices and sugar. Cook until the tomatoes are slightly soft.
Enjoy the festive season with this flavour bomb.