If I was born in any other country, it would be Italy…
There is nothing better than an al dente, flavour packed pasta. Add to that a cooking time of 15 minutes, things are already looking great.
I love using assorted mushrooms to make this dish. Different textures and flavours make it a quick weeknight meal to reckon with.
So all you Italian Nonnas out there you better watch out, gone are the days to slave away in the kitchen. 15 minute meals are here to stay!
Ingredients: 12 Cooking time:
- One packet of spaghetti
- One punnet of button mushrooms, sliced
- One punnet of porcini mushrooms, dried or fresh
- Two to three medium sized portobello mushrooms, sliced
- One medium brown onion, finely sliced
- Four to five pods of garlic, finely chopped
- Half a bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 250 ml of cooking cream
- Three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt to season
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Fresh baby rocket to garnish (optional)
Cook pasta as per packet instructions and keep aside.
In another pan heat EVOO. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Now add sliced onions and cook on medium heat for two to three minutes or until lightly browned.
Add all the mushrooms, including any stock and mix well. I recommend using dried porcini mushrooms, their stock adds a real intense and delicious mushroomy flavour to the dish. Simply soak the porcini mushrooms in warm water for seven to ten minutes or until soft. Cook the mushrooms on a medium heat for five to seven minutes. Now add fresh parsley and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for five minutes.