Who would have thought this odd couple would be so good together…
I love the idea of summer. Why wouldn’t you when you think of summer you think of the beach, pina colada, flowy summer dresses and perhaps sailing across the seas on an all indulgent yacht. Then summer comes and you are nothing but a giant mess of grime and sweat!
On hot days my tip is eat well to feel good and stay hydrated. Lots of salads and greens to chill your insides. Moreover when they come in the form of this lip smackingly delicious salad, you will instantly go from hating summer to loving summer.
Ingredients: 10 Preparation time: 10 minutes
- One continental cucumber, finely sliced
- 125 gms of peas, steamed
- One tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- One teaspoon dried mint leaves
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
- One tablespoon black sesame seeds,toasted
- 125 gms of goats cheese, crumbled
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
In a bowl combine sliced cucumber, steamed peas, dill and mint. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
For the dressing, in another bowl combine EVOO, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and goats cheese. Toss well before serving.
Enjoy this summer salad and feel thanda thanda cool cool!